I love how OK GO just drop a sensational new music video every now and again like it’s no big deal. If you haven’t seen their insane back catalogue of music videos so far (come on, keep up) then go to YouTube and watch so you don’t sound like a total noob when everyone’s talking about this in about there hours time. If you have then check out this brand new video created by Special Guest and directed by Aaron Duffy, Damian Kulash Jr. and Bob Partington.
It’s the gang doing their typical thing of running around a warehouse space in one take (one take!), but this time messing with our minds by using props and clever camera angles (A bit like this project by Blommers / Schumm but a million times more fun) to make each activity look like a crazy optical illusion, resulting in that heartwarming bit they always do at the end where all the helpers come out to celebrate. Ten points to you if you actually own an OK GO album, but I guess these guys are gonna go down as being some of the most experimental and filmmakers in the music industry, which isn’t too shabby.
- Rodion Kitaev illustrates the goings on of an office party in mammoth detail
- Makings of a Man: It’s Nice That and Harry’s invite you to be a life model for a day
- A higgledy-piggledy, funny yet tragic tale: The Romance of the Skeleton
- Tiago Galo’s refreshing, travel-themed illustrations remind us of sunnier times
- Artist Morgan Blair on her “pathological need to make you laugh”
- Lennarts & de Bruijn’s “hot as hell” campaign for Utrecht club, Ekko
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books