I love how OK GO just drop a sensational new music video every now and again like it’s no big deal. If you haven’t seen their insane back catalogue of music videos so far (come on, keep up) then go to YouTube and watch so you don’t sound like a total noob when everyone’s talking about this in about there hours time. If you have then check out this brand new video created by Special Guest and directed by Aaron Duffy, Damian Kulash Jr. and Bob Partington.
It’s the gang doing their typical thing of running around a warehouse space in one take (one take!), but this time messing with our minds by using props and clever camera angles (A bit like this project by Blommers / Schumm but a million times more fun) to make each activity look like a crazy optical illusion, resulting in that heartwarming bit they always do at the end where all the helpers come out to celebrate. Ten points to you if you actually own an OK GO album, but I guess these guys are gonna go down as being some of the most experimental and filmmakers in the music industry, which isn’t too shabby.
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Considered, understated but experimental work from Berlin studio Tim+Tim
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Unusual perspectives on imagined architectures by Atelier Olschinsky
- Photographing the migrant crisis with a focus on people, not sensationalism
- What are creatives' favourite words?
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- Printed Pages SS16 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints and more!
- Rome-based Andrea Chronopoulos’ illustrations are quirky and a little bit cheeky
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled