Are you the sort of person who daydreams about times spent in the suburbs of your youth, smoking in the park and jumping off things into swimming pools? I am. Even though they seemed pretty tawdry and, at times, unbearable, your teenage years are still kind of glorious to reminisce upon. If you can’t, or would prefer not to, delve back into your own puberty, just take a look at some of Olivia Bee’s new work.
We posted Olivia back in 2012 when we could not fathom how talented she was for just a young whippersnapper, and since then she’s become quite the professional freelance photographer, shooting for Hermes, The New York Times, Zeit Magazin and many more. This is one of her newest editorials, for Vice’s summer fashion issue, exploring themes surrounding Americana. Her inimitable ability to capture a certain youthful nostalgia makes her the perfect woman for the job. We can’t wait to see what she does next.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations