Continuing the success of our first talks series, we have again invited a number of exciting creatives working across a broad range of disciplines to share their thought-provoking ideas on contemporary themes. The first event in the five-talk series, On [Digital Experience], will feature talks by interactive designer Ross Philips, award-winning digital artist Daniel Brown, and digital art practice Stewdio’s Stewart Smith, on the intersection between art and technology. Tickets are on sale now for £12.
On [Digital Experience] synopses
Ross Phillips will introduce us to his working practice, looking at how context and the influence of place can change the way his work is perceived and used. Daniel Brown will explore how computational aesthetics and generative art have metaphorically blossomed, and how programmers are creating a new generation of aesthetic. And Stewart Smith will discuss a few of his projects that mix art, design and code, touching on the peculiarities of digital artwork longevity, and project poaching versus communal sharing. The session will end with a short discussing involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Digital Experience] will be held on 16th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Take the Jack Sachs animated tour of the Tate Britain, and meet his odd CG characters along the way
- The effortlessly lovely hand-drawn illustrations of Paula Bulling
- Kii Monroe Arens' delicious gig posters
- Alex Paulus’ paintings are full of misshapen characters in odd situations
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- Carmel Buckley and Mark Harris dissect the album covers of calypso singer Mighty Sparrow
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich