Continuing the success of our first talks series, we have again invited a number of exciting creatives working across a broad range of disciplines to share their thought-provoking ideas on contemporary themes. The first event in the five-talk series, On [Digital Experience], will feature talks by interactive designer Ross Philips, award-winning digital artist Daniel Brown, and digital art practice Stewdio’s Stewart Smith, on the intersection between art and technology. Tickets are on sale now for £12.
On [Digital Experience] synopses
Ross Phillips will introduce us to his working practice, looking at how context and the influence of place can change the way his work is perceived and used. Daniel Brown will explore how computational aesthetics and generative art have metaphorically blossomed, and how programmers are creating a new generation of aesthetic. And Stewart Smith will discuss a few of his projects that mix art, design and code, touching on the peculiarities of digital artwork longevity, and project poaching versus communal sharing. The session will end with a short discussing involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Digital Experience] will be held on 16th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Illustrator Nuno Maria’s fresh aesthetic and smooth shapes rework ordinary objects
- A cookbook inspired by Brad Pitt's on-screen eating habits
- Uganda’s boisterous nightlife as captured by photographer Michele Sibiloni
- Vanguards magazine explores Scotland's undiscovered creative treasure
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August