Continuing the success of our first talks series, we have again invited a number of exciting creatives working across a broad range of disciplines to share their thought-provoking ideas on contemporary themes. The first event in the five-talk series, On [Digital Experience], will feature talks by interactive designer Ross Philips, award-winning digital artist Daniel Brown, and digital art practice Stewdio’s Stewart Smith, on the intersection between art and technology. Tickets are on sale now for £12.
On [Digital Experience] synopses
Ross Phillips will introduce us to his working practice, looking at how context and the influence of place can change the way his work is perceived and used. Daniel Brown will explore how computational aesthetics and generative art have metaphorically blossomed, and how programmers are creating a new generation of aesthetic. And Stewart Smith will discuss a few of his projects that mix art, design and code, touching on the peculiarities of digital artwork longevity, and project poaching versus communal sharing. The session will end with a short discussing involving all three speakers chaired by It’s Nice That.
When and where
On [Digital Experience] will be held on 16th June at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?