If like us you were left wanting more after the last talk, you don’t have long to wait. The fourth event On [Narrative] is taking place on 26th July. Join us for another riveting evening with BAFTA award-winning filmmaker Mikey Please, art and architectural design practice Studio Weave, and Saatchi & Saatchi’s Executive Creative Director Kate Stanners, exploring how stories shape and inform their work.
On [Narrative] synopses
This is the fourth event in the five-talk series running fortnightly until August. Speaking on his own experience of working with narrative, Mikey Please will discuss how the story of The Eagleman Stag developed, from initial concept to final script and the many permutations in between; citing his influences and inspirations, and what it is in a story he finds particularly engaging.
Many of the tools architects are equipped with are unable to deal with the non-physical, emotional qualities of a space. Studio Weave will explore how and why they turned to stories as a more animated and relatable way to understand, represent and design for complex places. Finally, Kate Stanners will share stories from her notable career in advertising, using examples of successful campaigns to illustrate the power of narrative to animate a brand and engage an audience.
When and where
On [Narrative] will be held on 26th July at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Curator Shonagh Marshall takes us through the highlights from Hair by Sam McKnight
- Yeji Yun’s imaginative zine combines frozen lands, whales and cocktails
- Zhang Kechun encapsulates the oblivion of China's mysterious Yellow River
- Artist Anna Valdez brings her eye for detail to digital painting
- Bold in its broadness, the work of Dave Singley
- Córdova Canillas seek inspiration between nostalgia and obsolescence for C de C annual
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity