If like us you were left wanting more after the last talk, you don’t have long to wait. The fourth event On [Narrative] is taking place on 26th July. Join us for another riveting evening with BAFTA award-winning filmmaker Mikey Please, art and architectural design practice Studio Weave, and Saatchi & Saatchi’s Executive Creative Director Kate Stanners, exploring how stories shape and inform their work.
On [Narrative] synopses
This is the fourth event in the five-talk series running fortnightly until August. Speaking on his own experience of working with narrative, Mikey Please will discuss how the story of The Eagleman Stag developed, from initial concept to final script and the many permutations in between; citing his influences and inspirations, and what it is in a story he finds particularly engaging.
Many of the tools architects are equipped with are unable to deal with the non-physical, emotional qualities of a space. Studio Weave will explore how and why they turned to stories as a more animated and relatable way to understand, represent and design for complex places. Finally, Kate Stanners will share stories from her notable career in advertising, using examples of successful campaigns to illustrate the power of narrative to animate a brand and engage an audience.
When and where
On [Narrative] will be held on 26th July at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again