If like us you were left wanting more after the last talk, you don’t have long to wait. The fourth event On [Narrative] is taking place on 26th July. Join us for another riveting evening with BAFTA award-winning filmmaker Mikey Please, art and architectural design practice Studio Weave, and Saatchi & Saatchi’s Executive Creative Director Kate Stanners, exploring how stories shape and inform their work.
On [Narrative] synopses
This is the fourth event in the five-talk series running fortnightly until August. Speaking on his own experience of working with narrative, Mikey Please will discuss how the story of The Eagleman Stag developed, from initial concept to final script and the many permutations in between; citing his influences and inspirations, and what it is in a story he finds particularly engaging.
Many of the tools architects are equipped with are unable to deal with the non-physical, emotional qualities of a space. Studio Weave will explore how and why they turned to stories as a more animated and relatable way to understand, represent and design for complex places. Finally, Kate Stanners will share stories from her notable career in advertising, using examples of successful campaigns to illustrate the power of narrative to animate a brand and engage an audience.
When and where
On [Narrative] will be held on 26th July at Red Bull Studios, 155-171 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2JP. Doors will open at 6.30pm, and the talks will begin at 7pm. Complimentary drinks will be provided.
The On […] Talks Series
Throughout the series, you can expect inspiring and revealing insights from the likes of Ken Garland, Lucienne Roberts, George Hardie, Francesca Gavin, Bompas & Parr, Morag Myesrcough and Mr Bingo, to name just a few. We’ll be releasing details of individual talks nearer the time of each event, but to whet your appetite, the talk themes & speakers are revealed here.
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?