Yeah you’ve probably been stopped dead in your tracks by this cover at least once in the last few weeks, but better late than never. What better way to say goodbye to the week than with this gloriously cute photo shoot by photographer Michael Hauptman for Wonderland magazine, and art directed by U S E F U L.
There’s a lot of cynicism in the world today, thanks predominantly to Twitter and the web in general, but it took one of London’s best fashion magazines to shout “stop!” and embrace One Direction for what they really are: the cultural icons of today. Yep, that’s right, suck it up, they’re here and they ain’t going anywhere. Sure, their bank balances alone make you want to go home and drink cyanide under a towel, but let’s just stop being bitter for one second and take a leaf out of Wonderland’s book. Commissioning Michael, with his rainbow-tinted specs style of photography was the first thing they did right, the second was getting the puppies in. Whoever thought that up deserves a medal and a promotion, stat.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations