We might be locked into the drudgery of a scarf-wearing, umbrella busting, mitten-biting November, but let’s take a moment to relive that feeling when the cold buggers off to Siberia somewhere and the mornings are bathed in warm sunshine. The smell of freshly-cut grass flirts with your nose (or just makes you sneeze) and the urge to ditch sensible, water-tight shoes for outlandish sandals (sometimes forgetting to remove socks) seems quite uncontrolable. This time can only mean one thing– PARTY TIME!
This summer party tradition has been reflected in Alan Powdrill’s latest project which set about to portrait Bestival revellers looking to have it large dressed as animals. Is this growing tendency to get down, dirty and drunk while dancing dressed like a frog a testimonial to a liberal outlook on life, or just a marker of an increasing dependency on drugs and alcohol? Personally, I don’t know much beyond the fact I want a foxy head to wear right this second.
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s