We might be locked into the drudgery of a scarf-wearing, umbrella busting, mitten-biting November, but let’s take a moment to relive that feeling when the cold buggers off to Siberia somewhere and the mornings are bathed in warm sunshine. The smell of freshly-cut grass flirts with your nose (or just makes you sneeze) and the urge to ditch sensible, water-tight shoes for outlandish sandals (sometimes forgetting to remove socks) seems quite uncontrolable. This time can only mean one thing– PARTY TIME!
This summer party tradition has been reflected in Alan Powdrill’s latest project which set about to portrait Bestival revellers looking to have it large dressed as animals. Is this growing tendency to get down, dirty and drunk while dancing dressed like a frog a testimonial to a liberal outlook on life, or just a marker of an increasing dependency on drugs and alcohol? Personally, I don’t know much beyond the fact I want a foxy head to wear right this second.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs