We see A LOT of photography portfolios here at It’s Nice That and while most display a good deal of technical skill, there’s often a lack of personality on show. Step forward then 22-year-old Cape Town creative Paul Ward, who’s portfolio not only shows off his deft composition and use of colour but also a playful, cheeky sensibility that sideswipes at an art-form that too often takes itself far too seriously. “Who is Paul Ward?” asks his website URL – he’s a one-to-watch is the inescapable answer.
Found via Between 10 and 5
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan