Philippe Jarrigeon is a photographer known for his still life and fashion photography. However, more recently he completed a series for Pin Up magazine of an insanely alluring garden at the Château de Marqueyssac.
The in-depth landscape images stemmed from Philippe’s research while working on the Bush album cover for Snoop Dogg. Stunned by the charm of the area, Philippe and editor of Pin Up Felix Burrichter were “convinced that we had to show and speak about this magical bush experience,” says the photographer. Originally set up in the late 17th Century the garden “truly began to take form in the 1860s when owner Julien de Cervel planted thousands of malleable boxwood trees which were carved into fantastic shapes”, making for a fantastical shooting location.
The change of scenery for the photographer is displayed in the excitement and intrigue these images create. “It was a pleasure to get out from the studio!” Philippe says. “This garden is a surreal place of art I was really interested to get there. I’m obsessed by the art of topiary now.”
Philippe has several editorial contributions coming soon including Double and Buffalo Zine but will begin “work on a show with my ECAL students during Paris Photo Fair” over the next coming months.
- Photographer Peter Anderson on his experiments with a Widelux camera and their "wonderful distortions"
- "We are visual storytellers": studio Córdova Canillas talks us through the redesign of Fucking Young! magazine
- A sneak peak into Patrick Kyle’s new comic, Night Door
- Liam Cobb illustrates the collapse of the Heygate Estate in latest comic Conditioner
- “Imagination doesn’t compare to our real life design history”: Annie Atkins on the art of graphic design for film
- X-Rated Adult Movie Posters of the 60s and 70s celebrates gloriously crude B-movie artwork
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc