Yeah, yeah, yeah, being old is crappy and we’re all going to end up with tubes coming out of our noses and bedpans coming out our…beds. HOLD UP! That may be the case for you mugs, but I am going to take inspiration from these fine elders and spend my golden years lapping up the sun in Florida.
Harry Griffin so admired the lifestyle that his two grandfathers were living there that he decided to do a project about them. Taking their rather wild personalities and the combined history the two of them harbour, Harry’s project is a positive peek into the future for all of us. Also, how good is he at photography? These are beautiful and you should definitely explore the rest of his work if you can. See you by the pool in 2053.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Michael Wolf captures abstract, accidental sculptures in Hong Kong alleyways
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain