How refreshing to be picked up from a brightly-lit office and transported to the dark streets of Hollywood at midnight. Not the Hollywood you may expect in films, with the burning lights of parties, movie stars on every corner and Julia Roberts whizzing past in the Lotus Esprit from Pretty Woman. This is a different Hollywood, the one you’d find if you booked your flight tomorrow and went for a nighttime stroll upon arrival.
Photographer Janna Ireland has chosen to capture the petrol stations, hotel lobbies, car parks and street lights of Tinseltown rather than the things we normally associate with this curious place. Even though the subject matter of this shoot is really just images of the things you get in every city, she’s still kept some of the magic in tact. Give you the chills? Me too.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”