How refreshing to be picked up from a brightly-lit office and transported to the dark streets of Hollywood at midnight. Not the Hollywood you may expect in films, with the burning lights of parties, movie stars on every corner and Julia Roberts whizzing past in the Lotus Esprit from Pretty Woman. This is a different Hollywood, the one you’d find if you booked your flight tomorrow and went for a nighttime stroll upon arrival.
Photographer Janna Ireland has chosen to capture the petrol stations, hotel lobbies, car parks and street lights of Tinseltown rather than the things we normally associate with this curious place. Even though the subject matter of this shoot is really just images of the things you get in every city, she’s still kept some of the magic in tact. Give you the chills? Me too.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016