How refreshing to be picked up from a brightly-lit office and transported to the dark streets of Hollywood at midnight. Not the Hollywood you may expect in films, with the burning lights of parties, movie stars on every corner and Julia Roberts whizzing past in the Lotus Esprit from Pretty Woman. This is a different Hollywood, the one you’d find if you booked your flight tomorrow and went for a nighttime stroll upon arrival.
Photographer Janna Ireland has chosen to capture the petrol stations, hotel lobbies, car parks and street lights of Tinseltown rather than the things we normally associate with this curious place. Even though the subject matter of this shoot is really just images of the things you get in every city, she’s still kept some of the magic in tact. Give you the chills? Me too.
- Artist Henry Taylor takes over LA gallery Blum & Poe
- Accent magazine takes us behind the scenes of issue two
- Shannon Jager, a graphic designer combining the technical and the thoughtful
- The Gourmand visualises the intricate flavours of Glenmorangie whisky
- Victoria Vincent’s animation captures the tragic pitfalls of online dating
- Adam Birkan captures the diverse and juxtaposing landscape of Hanoi
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf