You know the golden McDonalds rule, do not under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES look inside your burger before you chow down. It’s like looking at a nightclub with the lights on. Naughty photographer Jon Feinstein’s broken the golden fast food rule tenfold in this project examining our favourite guilty treats up close on a high-res scanner.
From crispy golden nuggets that look like something out of Embarrassing Bodies to much-loved gherkins that resemble nothing more than pond weed, this project is an eye-opener in the sense that it shows you just how unnatural this kind of food is. Doesn’t stop me craving a double cheeseburger though. Lunchtime!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”