The other day someone showed me a series of photos of people who put objects all over their cats and dogs, I was like “GET WITH THE PROGRAM!” That shit’s about three years old. This is the new big thing: getting a good camera, standing in a public area and having friends/colleagues throw non-spikey items at your head to create the best self portraits ever!
Kaija Straumanis – whose Twitter bio suggests she is “cut from a very, very strange cloth” – has started this phenomenon with this brilliant, surprisingly excellent series of images. For me, the pumpkin smashing against the side of her head is the real money shot. How long is it gonna be until everyone’s doing this and putting it online? My guess is minutes. Fly, copycats, fly!
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Legowelt alias Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk on social media to follow
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery