The other day someone showed me a series of photos of people who put objects all over their cats and dogs, I was like “GET WITH THE PROGRAM!” That shit’s about three years old. This is the new big thing: getting a good camera, standing in a public area and having friends/colleagues throw non-spikey items at your head to create the best self portraits ever!
Kaija Straumanis – whose Twitter bio suggests she is “cut from a very, very strange cloth” – has started this phenomenon with this brilliant, surprisingly excellent series of images. For me, the pumpkin smashing against the side of her head is the real money shot. How long is it gonna be until everyone’s doing this and putting it online? My guess is minutes. Fly, copycats, fly!
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood