The other day someone showed me a series of photos of people who put objects all over their cats and dogs, I was like “GET WITH THE PROGRAM!” That shit’s about three years old. This is the new big thing: getting a good camera, standing in a public area and having friends/colleagues throw non-spikey items at your head to create the best self portraits ever!
Kaija Straumanis – whose Twitter bio suggests she is “cut from a very, very strange cloth” – has started this phenomenon with this brilliant, surprisingly excellent series of images. For me, the pumpkin smashing against the side of her head is the real money shot. How long is it gonna be until everyone’s doing this and putting it online? My guess is minutes. Fly, copycats, fly!
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations