The other day someone showed me a series of photos of people who put objects all over their cats and dogs, I was like “GET WITH THE PROGRAM!” That shit’s about three years old. This is the new big thing: getting a good camera, standing in a public area and having friends/colleagues throw non-spikey items at your head to create the best self portraits ever!
Kaija Straumanis – whose Twitter bio suggests she is “cut from a very, very strange cloth” – has started this phenomenon with this brilliant, surprisingly excellent series of images. For me, the pumpkin smashing against the side of her head is the real money shot. How long is it gonna be until everyone’s doing this and putting it online? My guess is minutes. Fly, copycats, fly!
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"