Hands if you’ve woken up after a night out feeling like someone’s smashed a vase over your head? We’re not entirely sure that was what Mads was going for in this series, but seeing as it’s a commissioned piece for Fabric, the early bird’s mothership of the London clubbing scene, then perhaps it is.
With his usual knack for precision and beauty, Mads had once again triumphed with a well-edited series of photographs based around a simple concept. That’s one thing Mads always nails – being confident enough to present four photos for a project rather than reams and reams. So much more effective.
- Dressed in Black: the resolute book covers of the Spektrum series
- Dima Shriyeav’s textured poster designs incorporate hand-drawn and digital elements
- Hai-Hsin Huang’s detailed and delicate illustrations present “the lightness of being”
- Laurent Eisler draws playful figures in “precariously balanced compositions”
- Small Gods magazine explores “anomalies of the drone”
- Adam Wells animates Love and Radio’s Dan Deacon interview through obtuse vignettes
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s