Beyonce’s pretty good at the whole behind-the-scenes blogging thing, posting up candid snapshots that make you melt inside (sorry cynical people) like this one which is currently my desktop wallpaper. Well if you like that, you are going to absolutely wet your pants over dark horse Solange’s Tumblr entitled My Damn Blog.
Solange is Beyonce’s lil sis, and in between writing and performing some of the most chilled out, tropical songs the chart has seen since Wayne Wonder’s No Letting Go, she spends her time hanging out in the sunshine with what looks like a whole bunch of seriously cool arty people, plus Bey’s crew of course. Her photos are not taken on a complimentary smart phone by an enthusiastic assistant with a penchant for filters, oh no: Solange shoots these photos on film, and as you can see, she’s rather good at it. Check out the ones of Beyonce chilling out in the desert drinking beer with her sisters. Man I love that.
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August