Beyonce’s pretty good at the whole behind-the-scenes blogging thing, posting up candid snapshots that make you melt inside (sorry cynical people) like this one which is currently my desktop wallpaper. Well if you like that, you are going to absolutely wet your pants over dark horse Solange’s Tumblr entitled My Damn Blog.
Solange is Beyonce’s lil sis, and in between writing and performing some of the most chilled out, tropical songs the chart has seen since Wayne Wonder’s No Letting Go, she spends her time hanging out in the sunshine with what looks like a whole bunch of seriously cool arty people, plus Bey’s crew of course. Her photos are not taken on a complimentary smart phone by an enthusiastic assistant with a penchant for filters, oh no: Solange shoots these photos on film, and as you can see, she’s rather good at it. Check out the ones of Beyonce chilling out in the desert drinking beer with her sisters. Man I love that.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich