Beyonce’s pretty good at the whole behind-the-scenes blogging thing, posting up candid snapshots that make you melt inside (sorry cynical people) like this one which is currently my desktop wallpaper. Well if you like that, you are going to absolutely wet your pants over dark horse Solange’s Tumblr entitled My Damn Blog.
Solange is Beyonce’s lil sis, and in between writing and performing some of the most chilled out, tropical songs the chart has seen since Wayne Wonder’s No Letting Go, she spends her time hanging out in the sunshine with what looks like a whole bunch of seriously cool arty people, plus Bey’s crew of course. Her photos are not taken on a complimentary smart phone by an enthusiastic assistant with a penchant for filters, oh no: Solange shoots these photos on film, and as you can see, she’s rather good at it. Check out the ones of Beyonce chilling out in the desert drinking beer with her sisters. Man I love that.
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design