Beyonce’s pretty good at the whole behind-the-scenes blogging thing, posting up candid snapshots that make you melt inside (sorry cynical people) like this one which is currently my desktop wallpaper. Well if you like that, you are going to absolutely wet your pants over dark horse Solange’s Tumblr entitled My Damn Blog.
Solange is Beyonce’s lil sis, and in between writing and performing some of the most chilled out, tropical songs the chart has seen since Wayne Wonder’s No Letting Go, she spends her time hanging out in the sunshine with what looks like a whole bunch of seriously cool arty people, plus Bey’s crew of course. Her photos are not taken on a complimentary smart phone by an enthusiastic assistant with a penchant for filters, oh no: Solange shoots these photos on film, and as you can see, she’s rather good at it. Check out the ones of Beyonce chilling out in the desert drinking beer with her sisters. Man I love that.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label