Everyone loves lamps! Admit it, we’ve all been that guy in the lighting section of a department store, wandering about like a stoned moth. So when lamps are beautifully designed and beautifully shot, it’s kind of too much to bear. It’s no secret that we’re big fans of Jennilee Marigomen’s work (and her name) so imagine our joy when she sent through these utterly fantastic still-life shots that she took for Montecristo Magazine.
The lights are all contemporary models created by some of the world’s best up-and-coming designers, and Jennilee’s idea for the shoot was inspired by the objects themselves. “We wanted to play with distortion, blurred surfaces, and abstraction, a nice contrast to the smooth clean lines of industrial design,” she said. Beautiful.
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs