Life ain’t bad if you’re a freelance photographer as good as Thomas Prior, he just spent a few weeks roaming around Turkey and Greece taking shots of sun-drenched stairways, charcoal skies and craggy rock faces dotted with humans for travel magazine Afar. These are in no way your clichéd travel shots of old men clutching baguettes or stray cats asleep in rhododendron bushes – Thomas has managed to document fairly touristy places without making them look cheap or tacky at all. If anything he’s actually embraced the tourism and dwelt on it, mixing in images of souvenirs, tourist police and water-slides with honest shots revealing the true characteristics of the country’s landscapes and inhabitants.
p.s Thomas Prior has just joined Instagram, check out his daily updates via his handle @thomas_prior.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs