“Ah!” You’re thinking. “A handy diagram! Whatever could that help me with?” And that dear reader is where you’re wrong, because the answer to your question is nothing at all. Appearing though they may to contain some shred of useful information, the truth is that these drawings do not, none at all, and any apparent reference within them is just pure coincidence.
The brilliant blog which contains all of these pointless diagrams has done the rounds a bit of late; it’s the brainchild of a Josh Lewandowski, who when he is not drawing useless diagrams can be found designing furniture, and as he explains his motives much better than I can, here he is:
“I started this blog because for as long as I can remember I’ve always drawn and doodled 3d sketches that have an unapologetic dearth of meaning. Whether it was in a 6th grade English class, during a lecture in grad school, or when I should have been working, I was busy diagramming nonsense. The sketches are usually meaningless … I draw my inspiration from architecture, furniture, engineering, geometry, cereal boxes, Lego instructions, and Etch A Sketch memories. I always use pen and ink because erasing is for wimps.”
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Daily Dialogue’s minimal designs for its eclectic mix of clients
- Have “artisanal” brands and “craft” branding had their day?
- 15 years of doing it in public: Moment Factory’s “school of infinite amazement”
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)