At the moment here in the It’s Nice That studio we are hard at work putting together the Annual 2013 featuring some of the most interesting and exciting projects we’ve featured over the past year. What’s that? Oh, it’ll be out probably early December. Sorry? Yeah it would make the perfect Christmas present, good point.
Anyway, where was I. Oh right, so in the course of looking back at the work that’s wowed us this year, it gives us the perfect excuse to check back in with some studios who we’ve maybe overlooked for a few months, and so it was with Praline. Among their recent projects I came across this superb looking book they produced for UK Now, an eclectic arts festival that took place in 17 cities across China organised by the British Council.
From the exposed spine to the striking coloured sections and the excellent use of infographics and photography, this is yet more proof (not that any was really needed) that Praline is a studio that early knows its design onions.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August