Ring the bells, fly the flags and light the beacons from sea to shining sea good people of the internet, because have we got news for you. There’s been whispers, rumours and speculation, lies, damn lies and statistics but today is the day when we present our brand new magazine.
A new format, a new editorial approach and first and foremost a new name – everyone here is proud and excited to introduce you to Printed Pages. The 84-page, saddle-stitched publication is built around eight main features with a new cover price of just £4. Despite the changes our core values – breadth, accessibility and enthusiasm – have remained at the forefront of our thinking, as have the design values our readers have come to expect from our publications.
For this first issue we’ve got interviews with Sagmeister & Walsh and Chris Ware, a snoop around Apartamento founder Omar Sosa’s flat, features on sculpture parks, graphic design in Barcelona and Why Not Associates’ old slides, and chats with Guess Who? illustrator Jon Goode and young filmmaker Hanly Banks. Letters of Note founder Shaun Usher has written the introductory Nice piece and Emily Kai Bock told us about the unlikely beauty of security lighting.
Check out our sweet new website too, where you can also bag a copy of the first ever issue of Printed Pages and we are also pretty stoked to unveil our new shop as well, Company of Parrots, where you can pick up some specially-commissioned t-shirts as well as the magazine. We just hope you enjoy reading it as much as we loved putting it together…
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s