It’s important not to underestimate the significance of where you place your behind. Not that I’m going to judge you for, say, a misjudged grassy patch (the modern world is rife with dogs, after all) or a a triple pronged camping chair (we’ve all been there) but when thrones such as these are a feasible option, you might want to rethink your choices. Besides, the stool may well have been shunned by comfort-seeking hedonists left, right and centre since sofas became a thing, but if Ikea has taught us anything it’s that independent interior design should damn well play a part in your Swedish mass-produced life, and that means the stool is on its way back in.
Which is where Sit comes in, a London-based company specialising in a range of tables and stools, and their latest range is quite something to behold. They have wheels! They’re named after iconic songs! That’s a super-sized Campbell’s soup tin! Not to mention the classic 1950s inspired design, the eye-popping colours and the vinyl-lined interiors. Plus, the new collection is all conveniently being displayed in a London show until Saturday, so that you can thoroughly spoil your behind.
The new collection by Sit Furnishings is on display until August 31 at 52a Great Suffolk Street.
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant