It’s important not to underestimate the significance of where you place your behind. Not that I’m going to judge you for, say, a misjudged grassy patch (the modern world is rife with dogs, after all) or a a triple pronged camping chair (we’ve all been there) but when thrones such as these are a feasible option, you might want to rethink your choices. Besides, the stool may well have been shunned by comfort-seeking hedonists left, right and centre since sofas became a thing, but if Ikea has taught us anything it’s that independent interior design should damn well play a part in your Swedish mass-produced life, and that means the stool is on its way back in.
Which is where Sit comes in, a London-based company specialising in a range of tables and stools, and their latest range is quite something to behold. They have wheels! They’re named after iconic songs! That’s a super-sized Campbell’s soup tin! Not to mention the classic 1950s inspired design, the eye-popping colours and the vinyl-lined interiors. Plus, the new collection is all conveniently being displayed in a London show until Saturday, so that you can thoroughly spoil your behind.
The new collection by Sit Furnishings is on display until August 31 at 52a Great Suffolk Street.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf