The best thing to come out of the World Cup – is it the spontaneous but infallible coming together of whole disparate nations to support their country’s football team? No, that’s not it. Is it the sudden creative outbursts, expressed in original new chants and vuvuzela symphonies? No, it’s not that either. It’s actually a psychic puppy who predicts winners, and we think it’s the best thing since that thing that Michael Owen did in 1998.
The psychic pup isn’t unlike Paul the Octopus in concept (see Damien Poulain’s animated iteration for our studio project FIVES) and the idea is fairly simple; you take a cute animal, surround it with semi-realistic stuffed sandwiches and soft furnishings and encourage it to pick between them to determine teams. The thing is, the execution here is phenomenal.
Bailey the Psychic Sausage in all of her film iterations is the product of London-based animation and production studio Nexus, with the films directed by George Wu of The Poundshop fame. So far we’ve seen two of six films, but the following four will be released by Huffington Post over the coming weeks. Oh, and the pup’s on Twitter too.
- Cool links, mag love and who to follow – it's Best of the Web!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Build and the Nike brand team creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs