The best thing to come out of the World Cup – is it the spontaneous but infallible coming together of whole disparate nations to support their country’s football team? No, that’s not it. Is it the sudden creative outbursts, expressed in original new chants and vuvuzela symphonies? No, it’s not that either. It’s actually a psychic puppy who predicts winners, and we think it’s the best thing since that thing that Michael Owen did in 1998.
The psychic pup isn’t unlike Paul the Octopus in concept (see Damien Poulain’s animated iteration for our studio project FIVES) and the idea is fairly simple; you take a cute animal, surround it with semi-realistic stuffed sandwiches and soft furnishings and encourage it to pick between them to determine teams. The thing is, the execution here is phenomenal.
Bailey the Psychic Sausage in all of her film iterations is the product of London-based animation and production studio Nexus, with the films directed by George Wu of The Poundshop fame. So far we’ve seen two of six films, but the following four will be released by Huffington Post over the coming weeks. Oh, and the pup’s on Twitter too.
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August