The best thing to come out of the World Cup – is it the spontaneous but infallible coming together of whole disparate nations to support their country’s football team? No, that’s not it. Is it the sudden creative outbursts, expressed in original new chants and vuvuzela symphonies? No, it’s not that either. It’s actually a psychic puppy who predicts winners, and we think it’s the best thing since that thing that Michael Owen did in 1998.
The psychic pup isn’t unlike Paul the Octopus in concept (see Damien Poulain’s animated iteration for our studio project FIVES) and the idea is fairly simple; you take a cute animal, surround it with semi-realistic stuffed sandwiches and soft furnishings and encourage it to pick between them to determine teams. The thing is, the execution here is phenomenal.
Bailey the Psychic Sausage in all of her film iterations is the product of London-based animation and production studio Nexus, with the films directed by George Wu of The Poundshop fame. So far we’ve seen two of six films, but the following four will be released by Huffington Post over the coming weeks. Oh, and the pup’s on Twitter too.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich