The best thing to come out of the World Cup – is it the spontaneous but infallible coming together of whole disparate nations to support their country’s football team? No, that’s not it. Is it the sudden creative outbursts, expressed in original new chants and vuvuzela symphonies? No, it’s not that either. It’s actually a psychic puppy who predicts winners, and we think it’s the best thing since that thing that Michael Owen did in 1998.
The psychic pup isn’t unlike Paul the Octopus in concept (see Damien Poulain’s animated iteration for our studio project FIVES) and the idea is fairly simple; you take a cute animal, surround it with semi-realistic stuffed sandwiches and soft furnishings and encourage it to pick between them to determine teams. The thing is, the execution here is phenomenal.
Bailey the Psychic Sausage in all of her film iterations is the product of London-based animation and production studio Nexus, with the films directed by George Wu of The Poundshop fame. So far we’ve seen two of six films, but the following four will be released by Huffington Post over the coming weeks. Oh, and the pup’s on Twitter too.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages