The best thing to come out of the World Cup – is it the spontaneous but infallible coming together of whole disparate nations to support their country’s football team? No, that’s not it. Is it the sudden creative outbursts, expressed in original new chants and vuvuzela symphonies? No, it’s not that either. It’s actually a psychic puppy who predicts winners, and we think it’s the best thing since that thing that Michael Owen did in 1998.
The psychic pup isn’t unlike Paul the Octopus in concept (see Damien Poulain’s animated iteration for our studio project FIVES) and the idea is fairly simple; you take a cute animal, surround it with semi-realistic stuffed sandwiches and soft furnishings and encourage it to pick between them to determine teams. The thing is, the execution here is phenomenal.
Bailey the Psychic Sausage in all of her film iterations is the product of London-based animation and production studio Nexus, with the films directed by George Wu of The Poundshop fame. So far we’ve seen two of six films, but the following four will be released by Huffington Post over the coming weeks. Oh, and the pup’s on Twitter too.
- All of human life was there: welcome back to the Best of the Web
- Jody Barton's passionate and political work masters many disciplines
- A Hail Mary pass: how to win the ads at the Super Bowl
- February diary: Where to go and what to see
- Hey Studio’s athletic and geometric typeface for ESPN’s magazine
- Karl Hab’s hypnotic photographs taken out of a plane window
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood