I’m no fortune teller, but I know a cult magazine when I see one, and this one’s got a foretold Destiny with a capital D. Accent magazine’s confident fourth issue is another slap-in-the-face reminder that they’re here, they’re fierce and they’re not going anywhere. In no other online photography publication do you find the same brutal level of dedication to finding a story and telling it with a punch.
The images and accompanying text in this particular issue is at once hard to read and utterly magnetic, miles ahead of a lot of photographic journals who tend to go with the notion that a photo of vomit means it’s edgy and real. Refreshingly, when editors Lucy Nurnberg and Lydia Garnett say that the magazine is “a global celebration of lives lived outside the ordinary” they really, really mean it, and the excellent content wholeheartedly backs it up.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant