If you’re after a book about UK garage with an intro by Mike Skinner entitled ‘Brandy & Coke’ – then this baby pink banger of a publication is the one for you. It’s a compilation of images by subculture snapper Ewen Spencer who, after graduating Brighton in 1997, went on to document UK music in all its glory.
In this collection Ewen has collated photos taken in the golden era of UK garage, in clubs where it didn’t matter what you wore or who you were with, as long as you were there for the music. What’s great about this book is how, like the club nights, it’s so no nonsense. Apart from the tremendous intro by Skinner, there really are no words – just pages and pages of beautiful photographs of dancing, dancing dancing. Get your hands on a copy here and you can get free tickets to the book launch here. Mine’s a brandy and coke.
- It's Nice That visits the Turner Prize
- Our Favourite Places is promoting the creative wealth of innovative Sheffield
- Meet tarot-obsessed Gucci illustrator Jayde Fish
- Julia Autz documents Transnistria, a country steeped in Soviet nostalgia
- Felicity Marshall, the illustrator merging editorial and fashion design
- Wow Factor: the eye-popping results of A Load of Jargon's printing workshops
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf