If you’re after a book about UK garage with an intro by Mike Skinner entitled ‘Brandy & Coke’ – then this baby pink banger of a publication is the one for you. It’s a compilation of images by subculture snapper Ewen Spencer who, after graduating Brighton in 1997, went on to document UK music in all its glory.
In this collection Ewen has collated photos taken in the golden era of UK garage, in clubs where it didn’t matter what you wore or who you were with, as long as you were there for the music. What’s great about this book is how, like the club nights, it’s so no nonsense. Apart from the tremendous intro by Skinner, there really are no words – just pages and pages of beautiful photographs of dancing, dancing dancing. Get your hands on a copy here and you can get free tickets to the book launch here. Mine’s a brandy and coke.
- Yukai Du transports us to galaxies far, far away in TED-Ed animation
- Illustration galore: it's February's Things!
- The past, present and future of gaming on The It’s Nice That Podcast
- Photographer Enda Bowe searches for light and beauty in At Mirrored River
- Dive into the trippy 3D world of Vector Meldrew in his latest video for Addison Groove
- Finnish illustrator Daniel Stolle’s atmospheric editorial illustrations
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- Apple to open its Norman Foster-designed campus in April