This is Fantastic Man‘s naughty cousin, and he’s got a really fast car. But then, it’s not really surprising that the brainchild of Henrik Purienne, Rocholl and Neira Zahirovic is a weighty tome hiding some of the most beautiful and exciting objects and people who grace the earth. Mirage is a magazine that celebrates wild beauty and carefree hedonism through jaw dropping photography. Be it a car, a certain beach, a band or a muse, this is an archive of hedonism that fully encourages jetsetting, sunbathing, drinking, splurging cash and partying all night.
The best part of this magazine as well as the truly, truly fantastic graphic design, is that whilst it is predominantly filled with photos of half naked women, there is an air of respect present that is so rare in magazines of this ilk. Nice to see a fully clothed Jane Birkin getting even more appreciation than some of the naked girls rolling about in the sand with cigarettes tucked into their bikini bottoms. Also, how’s this for a magazine’s tag-line: “Fashion’s most exciting image makers collectively creating a new wave of bohemian futurism. The girl of your dreams in a movie projected straight from your imagination.”
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"