Just in time for Summer, Issue 6 of The Plant has sprung, and it’s a beautiful bouquet of all things botanical. Dedicated to flowers and flora, weeds and weeping willows, the journal brings together the works of all kinds of green thumbed creatives.
Within its striking pages, there are some stunning shots of sprawling shrubbery by Daisuke Hamada, and a multiplicity of hand-picked illustrations of the enigmatic spider plant from the likes of Jan Buchczik, Laura Junger and Dan Singer. The magazine takes its readers on a whirlwind tour through gardens and greenhouses around the world, from Versailles’ famous backyard, to the badlands of industrial Berlin, to the curious depths of rock pools in Sydney.
It’s a wonderfully put together journal, with intriguing tales and investigations that will capture your imagination even if you don’t know anything about plants. Want to know why the carrot is cosmic, and what on earth the Indian sandalwood bandit might be? Well this is the place to find out, and you never know, at the end of it you might even be inspired to pick up gloves and spade, and go off on your own horticultural adventure.
- How I Got Here: Marco Velardi and Omar Sosa, Apartamento magazine
- It’s Nice That x Channel 4 Random Acts: “It’ll be like a guided acid trip”
- Felicity Hammond's art sends up the visual language of luxury property developers
- Gillian Wearing uses the public's work to examine privacy and individual vs collective experience
- Anna Beil defies convention with "trashy" illustrations and animations
- Polish illustrator Gosia Herba interprets myths and legends in pastel tones
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Photography: New show at LCC shows young travelling communities of the 90s
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs