Christmas came early yesterday afternoon when the lovely Thibaud Herem came to visit us bearing his beautiful new publication and a whole load of original drawings for us to gawp at. To many people, Thibaud is ‘the guy who draws those amazingly detailed buildings’ and that’s fine, because that’s what he is. What I mean by this is that nobody else in the entire illustration world, nay world, creates anything like Thibaud.
Going through Rotring pens faster than cups of coffee and sometimes spending over 200 hours drawing one building, Thibaud is something of a miracle worker. NoBrow, who published this beauty of a book, gave Thibaud complete freedom with the layout allowing him to design exactly the kind of publication he needed to put across his enormous, scale drawings of London’s most curious buildings across. The result is a Tiffany-blue, hardback beauty with thick, concertina pages for you to pull out and have your mind blown over and over again.
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot by Jake Michaels in Tijuana
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg celebrated in new monograph
- Ronni Campana's photographic collection of badly repaired cars
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)