Quentin’s Tumblr portfolio of his photographic work reveals a few key things about him that we wouldn’t otherwise have necessarily known. A) He is French, or hangs around in France a lot. B) He has a lot of model friends and ): He seems to have a kind of obsession with the insides of people’s houses, and how they adorn them. Option C is, for me, the most intriguing as he’s basically pandering to the visual needs of all of the people who admit to themselves (vocally or not) that their guilty pleasure is seeing inside people’s homes and, let’s be honest, judging them.
Now Quentin doesn’t seem like the judging type, he just seems to appreciate knick-knacks, and he seems to visit a lot of beautiful, French friends who have particularly good and interesting knick-knacks. So for that reason, he’s terrific. Scroll down for a nose around, then go to his website and have a good old poke about there as well.
- Best of the Web is here, and so is the weekend!
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- Friday Mixtape: Legendary record label, 4AD
- Risograph photograph journal, This is the Same Ocean, returns with a sixth issue
- Illustrator Gizem Vural impresses us with attention-grabbing personal work and commissions
- Colophon Foundry re-releases its road-sign inspired typeface, Montefiore, with new specimen
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- The photos Juergen Teller took while waiting for Rihanna
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Meet Berlin-based studio Büro Bum Bum
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again