We’ve long championed Melbourne-based photography publication This is the Same Ocean – and with good reason. Curated, edited and published by Samuel J Davidson and designed since issue five by Dutch graphic designer Marijn Degenaar, This Is The Same Ocean is now in its sixth issue and looking even better than ever.
This time round, This is The Same Ocean features a softly shot monochrome portrait as its cover from Foam Talent Heikki Kaski. Filling the inside pages are dreamy, laid-back images that have us lusting after summer from photographers Tine Bek, Shannon May Powell, Lola Paprocka and Victoria Zschommler, Kaski, plus an appearance from editor Samuel J Davison (because if you can’t star in your own magazine, well, what’s the point?). Working with print studio Dawn Press, Samuel tells us: “This Is The Same Ocean’s production methods continue to evolve, with issue six featuring a combination of three and four-colour Risograph prints”.
- Spin studio shares its latest work and how to perk up "depressed-looking" v’s
- Animator Dan Castro tackles the intricacies of relationships in this funny short
- “I don't want to lose my connection with the tangible”: illustrator Jack Taylor on his new digital and 3D process
- Greta Thorkels: a graphic designer creating Gilmore Girls zines and record sleeves
- Grégory Michenaud’s ongoing project sees him explore identity in a Hasidic Jewish community
- Photographer Gilleam Trapenberg explores macho culture against rose-tinted skies in Big Papi
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc