Don’t get us wrong, we always knew Ryan Hopkinson had a gift for capturing images, but in the last week the London-based photographer and film-maker has raised the bar of his output so high that we can’t quite imagine how he’s going to top it again.
Tuesday saw the release of his latest film Demon Chef, a commission for Nowness that profiles the legendary Michelin starred gastronomer Alvin Leung. Alongside a haunting soundtrack and thoughtful monologue from the chef himself, Ryan has provided a set of stunning visuals that take us on a visceral journey through the processes and ingredients of Alvin’s experimental cuisine. This is food pornography at it’s absolute peak.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016