Don’t get us wrong, we always knew Ryan Hopkinson had a gift for capturing images, but in the last week the London-based photographer and film-maker has raised the bar of his output so high that we can’t quite imagine how he’s going to top it again.
Tuesday saw the release of his latest film Demon Chef, a commission for Nowness that profiles the legendary Michelin starred gastronomer Alvin Leung. Alongside a haunting soundtrack and thoughtful monologue from the chef himself, Ryan has provided a set of stunning visuals that take us on a visceral journey through the processes and ingredients of Alvin’s experimental cuisine. This is food pornography at it’s absolute peak.
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- 100 hours with The Beatles: Shimpei Asai's photographs from 1966
- Joe Schlaud's cheeky Kama Sutra illustrations (NSFW)
- Artist Matthew F Fisher paints seascapes and wildlife with vivid precision
- Hayley Louisa Brown on travelling to Memphis as part of Ace & Tate's Creative Fund
- Photographer Roe Ethridge’s images blur the lines between commercial and sentimental
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”