Don’t get us wrong, we always knew Ryan Hopkinson had a gift for capturing images, but in the last week the London-based photographer and film-maker has raised the bar of his output so high that we can’t quite imagine how he’s going to top it again.
Tuesday saw the release of his latest film Demon Chef, a commission for Nowness that profiles the legendary Michelin starred gastronomer Alvin Leung. Alongside a haunting soundtrack and thoughtful monologue from the chef himself, Ryan has provided a set of stunning visuals that take us on a visceral journey through the processes and ingredients of Alvin’s experimental cuisine. This is food pornography at it’s absolute peak.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan