Cool London exhibitions are like buses – someone will often be eating fried chicken a few feet away from you. No, wait, they’re like buses because you wait for one and then several come along at once, as proved this week when east London witnesses the unveiling of more great shows than you can shake a tepid bottle of beer at. One of the most anticipated must be Ryan Todd’s new exhibition at Kemistry Gallery, which boasts maybe the best title of 2013 thus far – No Fun Intended.
Of course Ryan is being a scamp and his work is as bold, bright and witty as ever – reflecting a creative at the very top of his game. He also whetted our collective whistle with the charming teaser trailer below – see you there yeah?
No Fun Intended runs June 6 until June 29.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August