That which I can tell you about Ryan Weafer’s work–- that his design feels very current and is concerned with iterative surfaces and compositional elements beyond typographic conventions – can be embellished by the esteemed education he is currently wrapping up as an MFA candidate in graphic design at Yale School of Art.
In particular, I am very fond of the fragmentary postcard generator Fragmentr.com, the bright posters for the Yale lecture series, design collateral for exhibitions and thesis work, a quite brilliant check-mate piece of visual communication regarding politics and (though I’ve no idea how this fits) a fanzine of Bulgarian pop folk. All in all, his is a lively portfolio of clean edges and edgy content and a pulse well worth keeping your finger on.
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations