There’s something about the 8-bit aesthetic that strikes a chord with everyone of a certain generation, calling to mind those halcyon days when everyone had the same games console and a tablet was something you took for hay fever. Shanghai-based designer Sabine Ducasse has mastered that look in her award-winning Melting Pot collection, which fuses perler beads together into wearable garments that definitely take you back to the future.
Fun, colourful and paradoxically both deliciously retro and bang on trend, Sabine’s designs were created for an East meets West brief which she appears to have smashed out the park, winning her as it did a scholarship to the International Fashion Academy.
- Poised for greatness: Gustl the dog as photographed by proud owner Lukas Wassmann
- Should account handlers and project managers be awarded like creatives?
- Graphic designer Kristoffer Halse Sølling navigates the power play between customer and superstore
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016
- What do you do if your design agency fails? One designer and ex-agency owner's support and advice
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Challenging sexism, workplace stress and mindfulness through illustration
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- Why Fonts Matter, and how they impact your mood