There’s something about the 8-bit aesthetic that strikes a chord with everyone of a certain generation, calling to mind those halcyon days when everyone had the same games console and a tablet was something you took for hay fever. Shanghai-based designer Sabine Ducasse has mastered that look in her award-winning Melting Pot collection, which fuses perler beads together into wearable garments that definitely take you back to the future.
Fun, colourful and paradoxically both deliciously retro and bang on trend, Sabine’s designs were created for an East meets West brief which she appears to have smashed out the park, winning her as it did a scholarship to the International Fashion Academy.
- British Values: a new zine celebrating stories from immigrant communities in the UK
- A well-crafted, shapeshifting print project celebrating 100 years of design manifestos
- Movers and image-makers: a masterclass in fashion photography from Nick Knight
- Bright, beautiful and of-the-moment portraits shot in Tijuana by Jake Michael
- Cool, contemporary identity for Crown hat-makers by Studio Moross
- LA courtroom illustrations from cases including OJ Simpson and Snoop Dogg in new monograph
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting
- Ely Dagher’s hypnotic and erotic animated vignettes for Model 86’s EP (NSFW)