There’s something about the 8-bit aesthetic that strikes a chord with everyone of a certain generation, calling to mind those halcyon days when everyone had the same games console and a tablet was something you took for hay fever. Shanghai-based designer Sabine Ducasse has mastered that look in her award-winning Melting Pot collection, which fuses perler beads together into wearable garments that definitely take you back to the future.
Fun, colourful and paradoxically both deliciously retro and bang on trend, Sabine’s designs were created for an East meets West brief which she appears to have smashed out the park, winning her as it did a scholarship to the International Fashion Academy.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant