You meet a lot of people in this business and – as in any walk of life – they tend to range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Fortunately though help is at hand courtesy of Sagmeister & Walsh’s new work for moo.com’s Luxe Project. The notorious design duo have created a series of seven sets of seven cards: “To be handed to anyone you meet who delights or annoys you.” Called Halftone Satifsfaction, the messages on the cards veer from the joyful, " It’s a delight to be around someone who loves what they do," to the, well, brutal, “Fuck you. Eat shit.”
The backs of the cards range from pure white through a black dot effect to pure black, reflecting the tone of the message on the reverse. Uber useful for that next awkward private view, all the profits are going to the Coalition for the Homeless so you can feel good while you make others feel good, or assuage your guilt at being so jolly rude.
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant