You meet a lot of people in this business and – as in any walk of life – they tend to range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Fortunately though help is at hand courtesy of Sagmeister & Walsh’s new work for moo.com’s Luxe Project. The notorious design duo have created a series of seven sets of seven cards: “To be handed to anyone you meet who delights or annoys you.” Called Halftone Satifsfaction, the messages on the cards veer from the joyful, " It’s a delight to be around someone who loves what they do," to the, well, brutal, “Fuck you. Eat shit.”
The backs of the cards range from pure white through a black dot effect to pure black, reflecting the tone of the message on the reverse. Uber useful for that next awkward private view, all the profits are going to the Coalition for the Homeless so you can feel good while you make others feel good, or assuage your guilt at being so jolly rude.
- Boot Boyz Biz: promoting community, not commodity
- Waving goodbye to July with our weekly Best of the Web
- The classical and the crude combine to represent the multiple facets of The Arab City
- Parquet Courts’ Andrew Savage on the interchanging influence of art and music
- Thee Drinkers: New exhibition conveys the joys and despair of having a few too many
- August Diary: where to go and what to see
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale