You meet a lot of people in this business and – as in any walk of life – they tend to range from the sublime to the ridiculous. Fortunately though help is at hand courtesy of Sagmeister & Walsh’s new work for moo.com’s Luxe Project. The notorious design duo have created a series of seven sets of seven cards: “To be handed to anyone you meet who delights or annoys you.” Called Halftone Satifsfaction, the messages on the cards veer from the joyful, " It’s a delight to be around someone who loves what they do," to the, well, brutal, “Fuck you. Eat shit.”
The backs of the cards range from pure white through a black dot effect to pure black, reflecting the tone of the message on the reverse. Uber useful for that next awkward private view, all the profits are going to the Coalition for the Homeless so you can feel good while you make others feel good, or assuage your guilt at being so jolly rude.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan