Sometimes we come across people whose work we’ve been staring at for years and didn’t even realise. Sam Hofman has produced a huge amount of photographic work that we’re incredibly familiar with but up until the other day we didn’t know his name. You see the Gloucester-born photographer has been busy over the past few years making a name for himself photographing for the likes of Wallpaper, AnOther, Wired and FT Magazine alongside shoots for It’s Nice That favourites Kyle Bean and Owen Gildersleeve. Impressive stuff!
But it wasn’t until recently that we became aware of Sam’s personal work – images of beautiful simplicity that place single objects in the limelight and frame their natural beauty. One of his finest series focuses on a bare peach stone, exploiting its subtle natural colours and revealing complexity in an object we’d usually discard and think nothing of. We’re hoping Sam persists with his personal collection as it’s undoubtedly good enough to be well-known in its own right.
- Graphic designer Cecilia Serafini uses typography with vibrant panache
- London-based Osheyi Adebayo references his childhood in his retro graphic design
- Tristan Pigott paints “real contemporaries” in upcoming solo exhibition, Juicy Bits
- “The great thing about this book is you don’t have to read it”: sculptor Wilfrid Wood on his favourite books
- The return of the hovering art director: Nejc Prah visualises a day in the life of four art directors
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris