Can you recall your final hours before the D&AD deadline? Were your sweating, shaking hands clutching a blunt scalpel in a last, desperate attempt to get that binder as perfect as possible? Horrible. Scott Carthy and Ben Pender on the other hand were probably two pints deep at the SU at this point, laughing about their absolute triumph of a film.
The brief asked entrants to develop a creative pitch that would impress their dream employer, so Ben and Scott decided to stage a sky dive to show their courage and commitment. The results? A hairy corker of a witty, short film and a winner of a D&AD Best of Year award. Well done, boys!
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August