Can you recall your final hours before the D&AD deadline? Were your sweating, shaking hands clutching a blunt scalpel in a last, desperate attempt to get that binder as perfect as possible? Horrible. Scott Carthy and Ben Pender on the other hand were probably two pints deep at the SU at this point, laughing about their absolute triumph of a film.
The brief asked entrants to develop a creative pitch that would impress their dream employer, so Ben and Scott decided to stage a sky dive to show their courage and commitment. The results? A hairy corker of a witty, short film and a winner of a D&AD Best of Year award. Well done, boys!
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web