The LDF isn’t just about Dutch guys in nice glasses trying to reinvent the anglepoise, there’s also an exciting after-hours side to the festival that offers post-work entertainment in the form of talks, viewings and general mingling opportunities, all lubricated with complimentary warm beers. Tonight the “Shoreditch Design Triangle” is staying up with a whole host of venues keeping their doors open till late.
Want to meet a real designer in the flesh? Head here (pictured). Prefer to salivate over some delectable wooden furnishings? You’ll be needing this one. Or perhaps you just want to shop till you drop? In that case this one’s for you. Everyone knows it’s cool to stay up late.
- Ed Carvalho-Monaghan’s line work is translated into knitwear for It’s Nice That’s Unmade collection
- A fierce portrait of the battles, snaps and outrageous outfits of voguing culture from Ewen Spencer
- Artist Andrey Remnev’s hypnotic Russian Medieval-style paintings
- Illustrator Lili des Bellons' chipper images are full of geometric whimsy
- Matt and Dan’s stark graphic posters for Daniel Avery’s Divided Love
- A hotel’s Wes Anderson-esque dated decor and plant life photographed by Ina Niehoff
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- New Adult Swim project from the bonkers people behind some sexy Craigslist animations