The LDF isn’t just about Dutch guys in nice glasses trying to reinvent the anglepoise, there’s also an exciting after-hours side to the festival that offers post-work entertainment in the form of talks, viewings and general mingling opportunities, all lubricated with complimentary warm beers. Tonight the “Shoreditch Design Triangle” is staying up with a whole host of venues keeping their doors open till late.
Want to meet a real designer in the flesh? Head here (pictured). Prefer to salivate over some delectable wooden furnishings? You’ll be needing this one. Or perhaps you just want to shop till you drop? In that case this one’s for you. Everyone knows it’s cool to stay up late.
- Meet the Swiss duo behind graphic design agency Cécile + Roger
- Offshore Studio on their publication re-appropriating the word “migrant”
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos