The LDF isn’t just about Dutch guys in nice glasses trying to reinvent the anglepoise, there’s also an exciting after-hours side to the festival that offers post-work entertainment in the form of talks, viewings and general mingling opportunities, all lubricated with complimentary warm beers. Tonight the “Shoreditch Design Triangle” is staying up with a whole host of venues keeping their doors open till late.
Want to meet a real designer in the flesh? Head here (pictured). Prefer to salivate over some delectable wooden furnishings? You’ll be needing this one. Or perhaps you just want to shop till you drop? In that case this one’s for you. Everyone knows it’s cool to stay up late.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich