The LDF isn’t just about Dutch guys in nice glasses trying to reinvent the anglepoise, there’s also an exciting after-hours side to the festival that offers post-work entertainment in the form of talks, viewings and general mingling opportunities, all lubricated with complimentary warm beers. Tonight the “Shoreditch Design Triangle” is staying up with a whole host of venues keeping their doors open till late.
Want to meet a real designer in the flesh? Head here (pictured). Prefer to salivate over some delectable wooden furnishings? You’ll be needing this one. Or perhaps you just want to shop till you drop? In that case this one’s for you. Everyone knows it’s cool to stay up late.
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting