It’s rare that I get to write about a book that I’ve just ordered with my own cash money. Usually kind people send us all the comics and design books we could ever dream of to read and review, but I couldn’t take the gamble that Simon Hanselmann’s latest offering might sell out before I got a chance to see it, or that I’d have to shelve it in the office archive for good. So it’s on the pre-order and when it arrives I’ll set aside a weekend afternoon to read it from cover to cover, because Megg and Mogg deserve my undivided attention while they drop acid in their grubby little flat and throw up on each other. My GOD I’m excited!
For those of you not previously indoctrinated in Simon’s ways, he’s a reimaginer of classic children’s story Meg and Mog, casting the mischievous witch and her pets as suburban junkies. His dialogues are laugh-out-loud funny, in the same way that early Kevin Smith films were, but perhaps ten times more hilarious. Anyway, I’m thrilled to let you know about Life Zone’s arrival in the world. Now go and buy it at once to encourage Simon to produce some more. AT ONCE!
- Things glorious things! The best of the postman's offerings we received this September
- Founder of It’s Nice That Will Hudson announces the launch of new venture Lecture in Progress on Kickstarter
- Dan Emmerson shoots #bikelife in the Welsh valleys
- Dive into Adam Higton's collages via his psychedelic new album and video
- Bill Baird's ephemeral online album is completely unique for every listener
- Ewen Spencer on new commission, Kick over the statues
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations