We always knew that we needed a big name to close our first ever creative symposium Here and they don’t come much bigger than fashion designer Sir Paul Smith. In an honest, funny and insightful talk he spoke about his early days, the lessons he has learned and the way in which he looks at the world around for him for inspiration. It was a tour de force of a talk and a huge privilege to see one of the design world’s true luminaries up close and personal. Today we are delighted to release Sir Paul’s talk for the first time as part of our countdown to this year’s event.
We can reveal that Here will take place in London on Friday June 21 but that’s all you’re getting for now. Keep a close eye on the site this week as we’ll be releasing earlybird tickets, as well as a few of the stellar names already confirmed for what promises to be another inspirational day.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations