We always knew that we needed a big name to close our first ever creative symposium Here and they don’t come much bigger than fashion designer Sir Paul Smith. In an honest, funny and insightful talk he spoke about his early days, the lessons he has learned and the way in which he looks at the world around for him for inspiration. It was a tour de force of a talk and a huge privilege to see one of the design world’s true luminaries up close and personal. Today we are delighted to release Sir Paul’s talk for the first time as part of our countdown to this year’s event.
We can reveal that Here will take place in London on Friday June 21 but that’s all you’re getting for now. Keep a close eye on the site this week as we’ll be releasing earlybird tickets, as well as a few of the stellar names already confirmed for what promises to be another inspirational day.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?