We always knew that we needed a big name to close our first ever creative symposium Here and they don’t come much bigger than fashion designer Sir Paul Smith. In an honest, funny and insightful talk he spoke about his early days, the lessons he has learned and the way in which he looks at the world around for him for inspiration. It was a tour de force of a talk and a huge privilege to see one of the design world’s true luminaries up close and personal. Today we are delighted to release Sir Paul’s talk for the first time as part of our countdown to this year’s event.
We can reveal that Here will take place in London on Friday June 21 but that’s all you’re getting for now. Keep a close eye on the site this week as we’ll be releasing earlybird tickets, as well as a few of the stellar names already confirmed for what promises to be another inspirational day.
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys