Student of the Month does exactly what it says on the tin. We want to showcase the very best in student talent from all over the world, in an exciting monthly feature. If you count technicians amongst your best friends, and if someone other than you can be held responsible for your education, we would love you to submit your work.
Any level of education counts: Foundation, BA, MA, and their international equivalents. We will be selecting submissions on an individual project basis, which means you should be submitting what you believe to be your very best project to date. We are aware, from our own Art School experiences, that projects can vary in scale, format and medium, so here are some submission guidelines…
Text + Links
We need specifics first:
– your full name
– full course title
– place of study
– what year you’re currently in.
Next, send through a paragraph (of no more then 150 words) about you, your project, and when the work was made. We’ll be back in touch for more information if you are selected.
We also need to know relevant links. If you have an online presence – be it a blog, website, youtube channel, flickr account, tumblr, university portfolio site, etc. – send the information over.
If you’re submitting a video/moving image piece, please include a link to YouTube or Vimeo.
You can also include any relevant stills or process shots, which leads us to….
– a maximum of five images, preferably landscape, at 705 pixels wide. (Portrait images will be subject to some serious cropping.)
– all images should be from the same project. If there is only one outcome to your project, you might consider process shots, or a “jazzy angle”.
– include them as single attachments within the email, preferably not as zips or pdfs.
Lastly, some important things to remember:
– you may only submit one project at a time
– send in only one project per month
– lastly, please refrain from submitting the same project more then once.
When submitting work, please title the email “Student of the Month”, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are the Student of the Month you will of course have your project featured on the site and receive a subscription to the It’s Nice That magazine.
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August