I don’t know what happened yesterday afternoon, but the usually relatively fun vibes in the It’s Nice That headquarters dropped below five and everyone started getting a bit sleepy and quiet. That is until THESE guys showed up! Say hello to this friendly army of ceramic ghosts that just have something unbelievably amazing about them that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it’s their frightened eyes, maybe it’s their Flump-inspired colours, whatever it is — they’re great.
Made by Arhoj and Louise Garmann, these little creatures are “based on the ideas of the Japanese Shinto religion believing that everything in nature has a soul…The small Ghosts inhabit your living space and are useful for many things – paper weights, door stoppers, toys, wedding ring holders, kitchen talismans or as company on a lonely night with no friends around to talk to.”
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”