Print is dead! Long live print! Such is the prevailing confusion swirling around the print industry that we here at It’s Nice That decided it was time to step in and sort it out once and for all. So for the fourth Studio Audience podcast we assembled a crack team of Mag Culture founder Jeremy Leslie and Wallpaper* art director Meirion Pritchard to settle it. Ok so that may have been ambitious but we still had a great discussion about this hottest of hot potatoes. This weekend, treat your ears and your grey matter…
In Part One we discussed the Queen’s jubilee and whether it was the visual feast we might have hoped for, we talked about the new Heatherwick retrospective at the V&A and the much-anticipated Ai Weiwei/Herzog and De Meuron Serpentine Pavilion collaboration.
It was print print print and this is the Guardian article referenced…
And we also touched on England’s football typography, sorting out your library and drink-driving through the Serpentine. Enjoy!
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages