Print is dead! Long live print! Such is the prevailing confusion swirling around the print industry that we here at It’s Nice That decided it was time to step in and sort it out once and for all. So for the fourth Studio Audience podcast we assembled a crack team of Mag Culture founder Jeremy Leslie and Wallpaper* art director Meirion Pritchard to settle it. Ok so that may have been ambitious but we still had a great discussion about this hottest of hot potatoes. This weekend, treat your ears and your grey matter…
In Part One we discussed the Queen’s jubilee and whether it was the visual feast we might have hoped for, we talked about the new Heatherwick retrospective at the V&A and the much-anticipated Ai Weiwei/Herzog and De Meuron Serpentine Pavilion collaboration.
It was print print print and this is the Guardian article referenced…
And we also touched on England’s football typography, sorting out your library and drink-driving through the Serpentine. Enjoy!
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?