Print is dead! Long live print! Such is the prevailing confusion swirling around the print industry that we here at It’s Nice That decided it was time to step in and sort it out once and for all. So for the fourth Studio Audience podcast we assembled a crack team of Mag Culture founder Jeremy Leslie and Wallpaper* art director Meirion Pritchard to settle it. Ok so that may have been ambitious but we still had a great discussion about this hottest of hot potatoes. This weekend, treat your ears and your grey matter…
In Part One we discussed the Queen’s jubilee and whether it was the visual feast we might have hoped for, we talked about the new Heatherwick retrospective at the V&A and the much-anticipated Ai Weiwei/Herzog and De Meuron Serpentine Pavilion collaboration.
It was print print print and this is the Guardian article referenced…
And we also touched on England’s football typography, sorting out your library and drink-driving through the Serpentine. Enjoy!
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Minju An's oddly sinister illustrations depict strange characters and floating bread
- Friday Mixtape: Warpaint's Glastonbury picks
- Karifurav Caihua’s weirdly erotic Japanese-inspired illustrations
- High octane Nike China animation gets kids to wear their bandages as a “badge of honour”
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design