Welcome Podlingtons of Podlingtown. Welcome to our weekly podcast. This week is actually a really good episode in which Liv, James and Maisie put the world to rights with some fun (and at times funny) art and design chat. Interested? You should be. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up this week we discussed and scoffed at the Simpsons and Family Guy crossover that everyone’s been talking about this week – what are your thoughts? We then chatted about absolute maverick Jack Ede, a Lincolnshire A-Level student who is quitting school on the success of his viral paintings of One Direction – #Lad!
After the break we talked about Stefan Sagmeister’s strangely aggressive video about the over-abundance of storytelling in branding and design. James Cartwright then went on to rant about the British government pulling funding on the £50 million plan to revamp the area affectionately nicknamed “Silicon Roundabout.” After finding out what the best things the guests have laid their little eyeballs on this week we bade you farewell for another week. Au revoir!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery