Welcome Podlingtons of Podlingtown. Welcome to our weekly podcast. This week is actually a really good episode in which Liv, James and Maisie put the world to rights with some fun (and at times funny) art and design chat. Interested? You should be. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up this week we discussed and scoffed at the Simpsons and Family Guy crossover that everyone’s been talking about this week – what are your thoughts? We then chatted about absolute maverick Jack Ede, a Lincolnshire A-Level student who is quitting school on the success of his viral paintings of One Direction – #Lad!
After the break we talked about Stefan Sagmeister’s strangely aggressive video about the over-abundance of storytelling in branding and design. James Cartwright then went on to rant about the British government pulling funding on the £50 million plan to revamp the area affectionately nicknamed “Silicon Roundabout.” After finding out what the best things the guests have laid their little eyeballs on this week we bade you farewell for another week. Au revoir!
- Submit Saturdays: Planning and prototyping your website
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August