Welcome Podlingtons of Podlingtown. Welcome to our weekly podcast. This week is actually a really good episode in which Liv, James and Maisie put the world to rights with some fun (and at times funny) art and design chat. Interested? You should be. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up this week we discussed and scoffed at the Simpsons and Family Guy crossover that everyone’s been talking about this week – what are your thoughts? We then chatted about absolute maverick Jack Ede, a Lincolnshire A-Level student who is quitting school on the success of his viral paintings of One Direction – #Lad!
After the break we talked about Stefan Sagmeister’s strangely aggressive video about the over-abundance of storytelling in branding and design. James Cartwright then went on to rant about the British government pulling funding on the £50 million plan to revamp the area affectionately nicknamed “Silicon Roundabout.” After finding out what the best things the guests have laid their little eyeballs on this week we bade you farewell for another week. Au revoir!
- Nine vital nuggets about the hows and whys of being a project manager or producer – and why all the hard work is worth it
- Stars, drag queens, and the literati: Avedon and Warhol’s heroes and antiheroes
- Designer Morag Myerscough gives us a peek at her bookshelf
- Photographer Matthew Brown explores the forgotten details in a university campus
- First Dates for those who create: Studio Swine tells us about their working relationship
- Experimental Jetset, Build and others' war posters curated by Pentagram's Alex Brown
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?