Welcome Podlingtons of Podlingtown. Welcome to our weekly podcast. This week is actually a really good episode in which Liv, James and Maisie put the world to rights with some fun (and at times funny) art and design chat. Interested? You should be. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up this week we discussed and scoffed at the Simpsons and Family Guy crossover that everyone’s been talking about this week – what are your thoughts? We then chatted about absolute maverick Jack Ede, a Lincolnshire A-Level student who is quitting school on the success of his viral paintings of One Direction – #Lad!
After the break we talked about Stefan Sagmeister’s strangely aggressive video about the over-abundance of storytelling in branding and design. James Cartwright then went on to rant about the British government pulling funding on the £50 million plan to revamp the area affectionately nicknamed “Silicon Roundabout.” After finding out what the best things the guests have laid their little eyeballs on this week we bade you farewell for another week. Au revoir!
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)