Roll up, roll up, it’s time for our weekly podcast! Seat yourself comfortably, one and all, to listen to Rob, Liv, Maisie and James talk art, exhibitions, poppies and peculiarities. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here.
In case you haven’t heard already, Damien Hirst is building a town. A real town, in Devon. Liv reckons it wouldn’t be so bad to be a resident, although she turns her nose up at eating in his restaurant. How does Hirst housing sound to you? Then we glanced at a sweep of the strange art shows which we’ve heard about this week. Pop on your scuba mask – there’s an underwater gallery in Italy – and dig out your magnifying glass to take a peek at a miniature art show in California. Perhaps the kids shouldn’t come along too though, according to Jake Chapman.
Next up the team discuss the art projects which opened this week to commemorate the centenary of World War One, from the sea of ceramic poppies round the Tower of London to London’s new pillar of light, Spectra. Finally, James looks at XL Recordings’ new site celebrating 25 brilliant years of musical delights and an accompanying Michel Gondry video series.
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project