If you’re a loyal podcast listener then you know what to expect from this whole shindig by now, and as ever we love having you on board. But if you’ve never dipped your toe in the aural waters of our art and design discussion then now is definitely the time to rectify that. Don’t be shy, it’s real warm in here with us…
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week’s pod talking about Gilbert Blecken and his quite astounding collection of 1990s band portraits of the likes of Blur and Nirvana (above) before we moved onto TASCHEN’s new book collating naked photos of buddied-up Second World War soldiers. From there we moved to 32ldn, an ongoing filmic portrait of London told through the stories of its people and places, and we finished off analysing The Guardian’s list of young digital talent which includes the brilliant Kid President (below).
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August