If you’re a loyal podcast listener then you know what to expect from this whole shindig by now, and as ever we love having you on board. But if you’ve never dipped your toe in the aural waters of our art and design discussion then now is definitely the time to rectify that. Don’t be shy, it’s real warm in here with us…
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week’s pod talking about Gilbert Blecken and his quite astounding collection of 1990s band portraits of the likes of Blur and Nirvana (above) before we moved onto TASCHEN’s new book collating naked photos of buddied-up Second World War soldiers. From there we moved to 32ldn, an ongoing filmic portrait of London told through the stories of its people and places, and we finished off analysing The Guardian’s list of young digital talent which includes the brilliant Kid President (below).
- Eloïse Rossetti’s narrative and research-driven graphic design
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau captures the humorous nuances of adult life
- Photographer Joshua Gordon's “loose diary” of work (NSFW)
- Five projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Designer Ted Hyunak Yoon creates a visual analysis of dictators’ statues in history
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant