If you’re a loyal podcast listener then you know what to expect from this whole shindig by now, and as ever we love having you on board. But if you’ve never dipped your toe in the aural waters of our art and design discussion then now is definitely the time to rectify that. Don’t be shy, it’s real warm in here with us…
You can listen via the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes right here. You can also – should the fancy take you – add a comment using the thread at the bottom of this article.
We kicked off this week’s pod talking about Gilbert Blecken and his quite astounding collection of 1990s band portraits of the likes of Blur and Nirvana (above) before we moved onto TASCHEN’s new book collating naked photos of buddied-up Second World War soldiers. From there we moved to 32ldn, an ongoing filmic portrait of London told through the stories of its people and places, and we finished off analysing The Guardian’s list of young digital talent which includes the brilliant Kid President (below).
- Best of the Web: a few of our favourite things we've spotted on the internet this week
- Tom Phillips' magnum opus turned a Victorian novel into a work of art spanning 50 years
- Matisse-inspired posters for Serbian Youth Day from designer Monika Lang
- Raphael Schoen's cheerfully chaotic posters for a Swiss youth club
- Illustrators including Sam Taylor and Charlotte Mei's tributes to NWA's Straight Outta Compton
- The slides and sleep pods of LA's Silicon Beach startup scene captured by Lauren Greenfield
- A mind full of filthy ideas and creative brilliance: we visit Malika Favre
- The bizarre, twilight world of Berlin-based photographer Maxime Ballesteros
- Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam and Colophon create typeface that works with the Earth's tilt
- The Anonymous Sex Journal is back, and this issue is all about wanking
- The homeless Dirty Kids of America and their "rainbow party" explored in new film
- 12-year-old accidentally punches a hole $1.5 million painting