Most weeks there’s a moment while we’re recording the podcast when someone says something we assume will be edited out in the final reckoning. More often than not though, listening back it feels like it would be criminal to cut out these bits, and so once again we present 24 minutes of art and design discussion, warts and all. You can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off the pod this week discussing Tracey Emin after a big interview with the controversial artists in TimeOut (for which she also drew the cover). Jonathan Jones’ stinging riposte in The Guardian was also chewed over. We moved on to mention ZEIT Magazin’s new English-language version and spent some time picking over the announcement that Hyundai had signed an 11-year deal to sponsor Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall installations. Finally we feted this incredible online oral history resource featuring interviews with some of British science’s foremost figures.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant