Most weeks there’s a moment while we’re recording the podcast when someone says something we assume will be edited out in the final reckoning. More often than not though, listening back it feels like it would be criminal to cut out these bits, and so once again we present 24 minutes of art and design discussion, warts and all. You can listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off the pod this week discussing Tracey Emin after a big interview with the controversial artists in TimeOut (for which she also drew the cover). Jonathan Jones’ stinging riposte in The Guardian was also chewed over. We moved on to mention ZEIT Magazin’s new English-language version and spent some time picking over the announcement that Hyundai had signed an 11-year deal to sponsor Tate Modern’s Turbine Hall installations. Finally we feted this incredible online oral history resource featuring interviews with some of British science’s foremost figures.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August