It’s that time of the week again, you’re ready to wind down to your two day break but what are you going to do with your weekend? Well, it’s scientifically proven that you’ll need need at least 22 minutes of art and design related discussion to help you truly relax. If you’re unable to get the right dose there’s a dangerous risk of hair loss, hernias and raised blood pressure. So crank up the volume (not too loud now) and let us soothe your tired ears with our made-for-radio voices informing you about all this week’s most exciting creative news.
In the first section this week we discussed the arrival of Pick Me Up at London’s Somerset house, mourned the loss of Picasso’s Child With a Dove from Britain’s art collection and played around with Moniker’s new interactive video for Dutch band Light Light. We also had a look at Sebastiao Slagado’s new book for Taschen, Genesis, and wondered whether Coachella has more appeal than Glastonbury.
First up in the second section we discussed the Salone Internazionale del Mobile and some of the great work on display, and hoped to learn some lessons from the Milanese design crowd.
We also discussed GOV.UK’s success at this year’s Designs Of The Year. Well done Ben Terrett!
- Superb updates from plus mûrs showcase slick design and 90s net-art influences
- Mattress Men: a new film tells the tale of Dublin's local hero Mattress Mick
- Baptiste Virot gives us summer vibes with his pop art-inspired illustrations
- Design studio Build creates bold branding for Nike’s Track and Field line
- Marco Onofri tackles the topic of internet lust in The Followers (NSFW)
- Enter your work for the chance to be an It’s Nice That Graduate of 2016!
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- David Hockney reveals what life is like in his Los Angeles studio
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Stack founder Steven Watson shares five of his top magazines
- Hilarious and charming new Maynards Bassetts' Liquorice Allsorts ad by Jack Sachs