This week there was almost a DISASTER when some inconsiderate drilling next to the studio almost stopped Studio Audience in its tracks. But we know how much art and design chat means to you so we beat on, boats against the current, and thanks to our pals at Chambers Judd managed to record almost as normal. Apologies for a couple of glitches but we hope you enjoy!
This week we kicked off talking about the furore over a Qatari museum’s decision to cover up some statues’ nether regions and the Greeks’ unimpressed response, looked at the Sony World Photography Award winners and welcomed the UK Government’s moves to make copying design illegal. Then we revelled in the brilliance of Steven Spielberg’s Obama spoof video and Liv told us why she cried at the much talked-about Beyonce gig.
We started the second section discussing how two in-house agencies scoped two of Creative Review’s top annual awards – 4Creative as ad agency of the year for their Paralympics and More4 rebrand work and Bloomberg Businessweek for design studio – and asked whether this reflected a growing industry trend.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant