Just before Christmas we posted about the triumphant moment when Obama stepped into the studio of one of the most famous photographers working today. At the time, we didn’t think anyone cooler could possibly be invited in and Terry had nowhere to turn, but how silly we were. Lena Dunham, whose premiere of the second season of GIRLS aired last night in America, made time to step into Terry’s studio yesterday and proudly stood where hundreds, nay thousands have before her in front of his notoriously honest lens.
Anyone that follows Terry’s activities will know that he is usually in the presence of supermodels so beautiful that you need sunglasses, so how refreshing to see a non-conforming woman who is slowly taking Nora Ephron’s place in the world of television, activism and film be portrayed naturally and utterly beautifully. Nice one Terry. Now, where can I download season two…
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain