Just before Christmas we posted about the triumphant moment when Obama stepped into the studio of one of the most famous photographers working today. At the time, we didn’t think anyone cooler could possibly be invited in and Terry had nowhere to turn, but how silly we were. Lena Dunham, whose premiere of the second season of GIRLS aired last night in America, made time to step into Terry’s studio yesterday and proudly stood where hundreds, nay thousands have before her in front of his notoriously honest lens.
Anyone that follows Terry’s activities will know that he is usually in the presence of supermodels so beautiful that you need sunglasses, so how refreshing to see a non-conforming woman who is slowly taking Nora Ephron’s place in the world of television, activism and film be portrayed naturally and utterly beautifully. Nice one Terry. Now, where can I download season two…
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)