Just before Christmas we posted about the triumphant moment when Obama stepped into the studio of one of the most famous photographers working today. At the time, we didn’t think anyone cooler could possibly be invited in and Terry had nowhere to turn, but how silly we were. Lena Dunham, whose premiere of the second season of GIRLS aired last night in America, made time to step into Terry’s studio yesterday and proudly stood where hundreds, nay thousands have before her in front of his notoriously honest lens.
Anyone that follows Terry’s activities will know that he is usually in the presence of supermodels so beautiful that you need sunglasses, so how refreshing to see a non-conforming woman who is slowly taking Nora Ephron’s place in the world of television, activism and film be portrayed naturally and utterly beautifully. Nice one Terry. Now, where can I download season two…
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Illustrator Charlotte Ager’s evocative and multilayered drawings
- Meet London-based illustrator, animator and curator Joey Yu
- Best of the Web, your antidote to Friday the 13th!
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant