Just before Christmas we posted about the triumphant moment when Obama stepped into the studio of one of the most famous photographers working today. At the time, we didn’t think anyone cooler could possibly be invited in and Terry had nowhere to turn, but how silly we were. Lena Dunham, whose premiere of the second season of GIRLS aired last night in America, made time to step into Terry’s studio yesterday and proudly stood where hundreds, nay thousands have before her in front of his notoriously honest lens.
Anyone that follows Terry’s activities will know that he is usually in the presence of supermodels so beautiful that you need sunglasses, so how refreshing to see a non-conforming woman who is slowly taking Nora Ephron’s place in the world of television, activism and film be portrayed naturally and utterly beautifully. Nice one Terry. Now, where can I download season two…
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages