It’s been a few weeks since we launched The Annual 2013 into your lives (and, yes, your hearts) and since then we’ve been beavering away on it day and night. We are thrilled to announce that this behemoth of a book is now on press, and with that we are pleased to reveal the first look at the cover.
Designers David McFarline and Chris Moorby of Commission Studio (who we interviewed here) came up with this restrained treatment, brought to life by the psychedelic purple cloth cover and the cheeky imposition of one of Jiro Bevis’ illustrated characters. Dotted throughout The Annual, Jiro’s creations make their mark on the publication quite literally, beginning with the front cover itself.
And with more than 130 of the most exciting and engaging projects we’ve featured on the site in the past 12 months, alongside a celebration of our Graduates class of 2013 and the best exhibitions of the year, this is a host of hardbacked-bound creativity you’re not going to want to miss out on.
In the spirit of autumnal generosity we have extended our free UK P&P on all orders of the Annual which will ship in mid November and so now is as good a time as any to get your order in pronto. Given last year’s total sell-out, you’re playing with fire if you delay.
Pre-order The Annual 2013 HERE – or be square…
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a “trippers guide” to the iPhone 64
- Alex de Mora on shooting Vice parties and famous footballers
- Natacha Paschal’s “deformed” interpretations of mag covers and fashion ads
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Photographer Adrian Samson plays with space and perspective in this series of “still lifes”
- Photographer Sophie Green captures pagans at Stonehenge's summer solstice
- “Evolve or die”: Bloomberg Businessweek creative director Rob Vargas on the magazine’s redesign
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- Photographer Khadija Saye has died in the Grenfell Tower fire, her family confirm
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design