It’s been a few weeks since we launched The Annual 2013 into your lives (and, yes, your hearts) and since then we’ve been beavering away on it day and night. We are thrilled to announce that this behemoth of a book is now on press, and with that we are pleased to reveal the first look at the cover.
Designers David McFarline and Chris Moorby of Commission Studio (who we interviewed here) came up with this restrained treatment, brought to life by the psychedelic purple cloth cover and the cheeky imposition of one of Jiro Bevis’ illustrated characters. Dotted throughout The Annual, Jiro’s creations make their mark on the publication quite literally, beginning with the front cover itself.
And with more than 130 of the most exciting and engaging projects we’ve featured on the site in the past 12 months, alongside a celebration of our Graduates class of 2013 and the best exhibitions of the year, this is a host of hardbacked-bound creativity you’re not going to want to miss out on.
In the spirit of autumnal generosity we have extended our free UK P&P on all orders of the Annual which will ship in mid November and so now is as good a time as any to get your order in pronto. Given last year’s total sell-out, you’re playing with fire if you delay.
Pre-order The Annual 2013 HERE – or be square…
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant