A constant refrain when putting together the It’s Nice That Annual is to keep the creative work front and centre. This isn’t about us; it’s about the stunning, mesmerising, funny, thought-provoking, charming, painstaking and fascinating projects that we’re proud to showcase in all their glory. This year though we decided to go one better, and from the off we all agreed that it would be great if each cover carried a piece of art and design that could then be found within the book.
The answer was to print 50 A6 postcards to fit into a transparent pouch that sits on the vibrant blue cover. And then we thought wouldn’t it be great if these postcards were signed by the very creatives whose work was taking centre stage? So we sent boxes of postcards off to all corners of the globe, and watched with glee as they started to come back adorned with not just signatures but all manner of weird and wonderful doodles and messages.
So each 2014 It’s Nice That Annual will come with one of 50 signed postcards on the cover, featuring work from the likes of Geoff McFetridge, Jordy van den Nieuwendijk, Bobby Doherty, Jim Stoten, Jessica Svensden, Francesca Jane Allen, Pat Bradbury, Feixen, Gwendal le Bec, Jaime Zuverza, Anna Victoria Best and Ilg/Trüb.
Designer Hamish Makgill said last week that he thinks the postcards are “essential” to this year’s Annual and we hope you’ll agree that they add a certain something to our end-of-year book.
The It’s Nice That Annual 2014 is supported by G.F Smith and printed on Colorplan Bright White 350gsm, Zen Pure White 150gsm and Heaven 42 135gsm.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors